Here There Be Angels
HERE THERE BE ANGELS
Illustrated by David Wilgus
Harcourt Brace 1996
ISBN# 0-15-200938-8 Harcourt hardcover
Short stories and poems all written by me, having to do with angels. A few–like "Angelica" had been published before. But a number are brand new to the book, like "Fallen Angel," a story about an angel whose wings have been burned up when he falls to the earth and how three children build him new ones. Each story and poem begins with a short introduction about how it came to be written.
The Here there Be… series
- HERE THERE BE ANGELS
- HERE THERE BE DRAGONS
- HERE THERE BE GHOSTS
- HERE THERE BE UNICORNS
- HERE THERE BE WITCHES
- One of the stories from this book, "The Word the Devil Made Up", won the 1997 Storytelling World Award.
- The book was on the 1997-98 Charlie May Simon Preliminary Reading List.
- It was also on the Young Adult Children’s Choices for 1998.
What reviewers have said:
- “Here are some of the best angels tories yet…”—NAPRA Review
- “A beautiful gift book with stories and poems,”—Indianapolis Crescent-News
- “A heavenly collection of musings,, stories, and poems…”—The West Orange Times, Orlando, Fla
- “Stories…that manage to be charming, chilling, hopeful by turn, always heartfelt and never twee.”—Fantasy and Science Fiction Magazine
- “The writing is elegant and lucid with precise, striking imagery.”—VOYA
- “A welcome addition to an interesting series.”—School Library Journal
Available in hardcover and paperback.
- Order from:
- Search for Out of Print Books:
- Find a Bookstore Near You
- Search for Out of Print Books (U.K.)