Robot and Rebecca: The Mystery of the Code-Carrying ...
ROBOT & REBECCA:
THE MYSTERY OF THE CODE-CARRYING KIDS
Illustrated by Catherine Deeter, Jurg Obrist
ISBN# 0-394-62350-9 Random House paperback
ISBN# 0-394-94488-7 Knopf hardcover
ISBN# 0-394-84488-2 Knopf paperback
This science fictional mystery was meant to be the beginning of a series. First publication was in a short-lived Random House book club edition illustrated by Deeter, then simultaneous hard/soft from Knopf with illustrator Obrist. I know that’s confusing. At least it confused me!
- Children’s Choices 1981
- Nomination 1981 Michigan Young Readers Award
What reviewers have said:
- “A tongue in cheek mystery set in 2121,”–SLJ
- “A nicely realized world of the future… moves rapidly and the peripheral details and characters should catch the imagination of most children.”–The Sunday Oregonian
- “A satisfying read.”–Children’s Book Review Service
Out of print.
- Order from:
- Search for Out of Print Books:
- Find a Bookstore Near You
- Search for Out of Print Books (U.K.)